Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oscar's Night

I love fashion! I watch the Oscar's for the movies....sort of....I watch it to see what the peeps are wearing and then I watch the fashion wrap up. I know what you're thinking...WOW...what a nerd! And you would be correct!

So I'm watching the fashion wrap up and Joan Rivers, who is admittedly more plastic than a life size lego statue of Darth Vader, but she's also just about as forgiving was the leader of the fashion-fest. The other three people were one of my favorite gays, a women who is GORGEOUS but decided that a size ten was too big so she's now a size six, and a woman who looks like a skeleton that was wearing a skin suit with long hair.

My beef is this, Queen Latifa ROCKED IT! I have a girl crush on Her Majesty the Queen so she can really do any wrong in my book...anyway...when they started to talk about her...they said you NAILED it! But they couldn't leave it at that....NOPE! She NAILED IT for a big woman.

Wait, what? So these skinny plastic bitches are going to point out that my girl the Queen is overweight? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Like we don't have eyes to see that the Her Majesty is bigger than your average boy with boobs. I was also expecting that they would tell me that she was black....WHAT....surely not! My eyes MUST be failing me. Queen Latifa looked AMAZING! Full stop. Oh but wait....Mo'nique got the same treatment. She also looked great for a bigger woman. Mo'nique...GIRL...you owned the moment and stole the night. FULL STOP!

But here is where I just wanted to drive to L.A. and force feed any and EVERY one of those anorexic dankfaces a fry. Just one...that'll make them go postal! Anyways....when they started talking about Kate Winslet. Perfect bodied, mother of two (I think) Kate Winslet. Joan stated that she was chunky. KATE WINSLET! The skeleton with skin said that was years ago...Titanic days...WHAT?! I thought that she looked beautiful, thin, amazing!

It was at that moment that I decided to make it my business to let EVERYONE know that they are amazing just the way they are. Barring health issues, if you are a healthy person at 112, rock the hell out of it. If you are healthy at 220, own that SH*T! Be you! Be confident! And all the haters might want to fill their mouths with food and not judgmental words.

No comments: