Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Corporate America, could it be....SATAN

Okay lets have an honest moment RIGHT now. Corporate America sucks all sorts of miserable things. My friend didn't get the promotion that she applied for today. Why you ask? Well, I'm going to give you a few reasons. My friend is in customer service she is sweet and gets the job done, but she isn't some over caffeinated ditz that bows to THE MAN. She's wonderful, she's even a team player. But she doesn't "look" right for full time. And what makes things worse is that her manager lied to her as to why she didn't know about the job yet. LAME!

I've avoided the game of corporate America until my 30th year. And I've been miserable! It's back stabbing and deceitful. Pushing the people under you to do more and more so that you look good. It's entirely dysfunctional. Unfortunately it's a functioning dysfunction. If it were functional then it would change. But the millions and millions of dollars that are brought in through dysfunction keeps the cycle going.

It beat me down in 2 1/2 years so much so that I've had to take a break. It's sad but it's true. Why did my friend not get the job? Not pretty enough, too pretty, too smart, not smart enough? Who knows. All I know is that she wasn't given the promotion and now she has to train the woman that they are giving the job to. My question is this.....how do people NOT go postal more often? I would be lying if I haven't thought of or heard of my friends wanting to walk into work and blow up their boss' office, with their boss in it.

That's just messed up!

No comments: